Geting Your First Horse/Pony
- Before you can buy a permanent horse/pony you need to buy the Riding Skill from the LOTRO Store for 95 Turbine Points.
- When you have the riding skill and 500s travel to the Hengstacer’s Farm, which is located north of Bree to buy the horse/pony.
- Find the Horse Merchant and buy your first horse/pony.
- All new characters receive a 24 hour beginner's horse with the lvl 5 Gift Pack. The beginner's horse is in the form of "Wrapped Horse Whistle" within the gift box. When the whistle is unwrapped, you have the use of the beginner's horse for 24 hours. In order to summon your beginners mount you need to link the "tarnished whistle" to your skill bar.
- The type of the mount depends on your race: Men and Elves ride horses, Dwarfs and Hobbits ride ponies.
- The minimum level needed for the riding skill is lvl 5. This applies to every type of account (f2p, premium, VIP).
- If you are VIP you can get the riding skill via a quest at lvl 20, without having to spend additonal Turbine Points on it.
- When you acquire a mount, it will be added to your "Mounts Panel" which can be accessed at C> mounts). You can link the mount icon to your skill bar in order to summon your mount easily.
- The name of your mount is random and is only displayed to you. There is an option for renaming your mount available.